RE - INTERVIEW WITH GRAHAM BONNET

HERE IS THE INTERVIEW IN ENGLISH THAT GRAHAM BONNET DO WITH THIS PUBLICATION. GRAHAM IS MY FAVOURITE SINGER AND IT´S A HONOUR TO TALK WITH HIM.

Where are you now and which projects are the next for you?

We are writing are writing songs for the new CD alcratzz and I have some solo dates in Aruba and Argentina at the end of 2010. We are working with a new agent to secure dates all over the world.



You have a new version of ALCATRAZZ (one of my three favorites groups) with new musicians. The videos you have in your Myspace sounds fantastic. What is your opinion about this new adventure?


The new version of the Alcatrazz is one of the best line-ups so far and in the future we may add a new member or two.

There is another version of ALCATRAZZ with the rest of classic members, but they have no singer, what is your opinion about them?


I have no opinion because I've never heard them and I do wish them the best of luck…. because they are my friends…and there are no hard feelings.

I like to talk with you about your musical past. You began with THE MARBLES. Whith this group you were produced for BEE GEES, I think. How was the experience? Personally I love your song Only one woman from this period?



It was the best time of my life, coming from a small town in England and moving to London to follow a dream which I never thought would become a reality. Sometimes I still perform “Only One Woman” with Alcatrazz to this day. I also thank the Gibb Brothers for staring my career.

In this period your music was more oriented to soul than rock, which are your principal influences?



R& B and pop were my first influence more the rock. Until I heard Little Richard who became my favorite signer when I was twelve years old.

Your following adventure was Rainbow, your work in Down to Earth was fabulous, how do you remember this time and how was your relation with Blackmore?


My relationship with Ritchie was very, very good and we became very close in Rainbow and still are even though I have not spoken to him in 300 years. He always says such nice things about me in interviews and we have a great mutual admiration for each other. Ritchie was one of the pioneers who drew the map for younger players who followed that style.

Talking about Rainbow is impossible not asking you about your opinion of RONIE DIO and his career...


Ronnie was one of those guys who was the quintessential heavy rock singer of that time and I had to listen to Rainbow albums to learn to sing in the “metal” style. From there I developed my own performance and sound from listening to his vocals on the tracks. Ronnie became my friend and we alsohad a mutual admiration for each other and he definitely rescued Black Sabbath from a possible demise. The three albums he did really put them back on the map.



I am a fan of MSG and Built to destroy, how was your experience in this band?



Fantastic it was a wonderful time and I forced myself myself to become a songwriter, thanks to Michael making me do it because he didn't know how to do vocal lines, because he is German. Michael’s contributions might at best be a title! He brought out the songwriter I didn't know I was!

How was the beginning of ALCATRAZZ and how do you found to YNGWIE J.MALMSTEEN?


Somebody in a store told me in about him and he was in a band called Steeler. I was looking for a guitar player and said he sounded like Ritchie Blackmore and he came to rehearsal in the same type outfit as Ritchie Blackie. He looked like him and played like him so he was in the band straightway, no question. We auditioned a lot of guitar players that were really good at the time.

Now, which is your favorite album of ALCATRAZZ?

The second album with Steve Vai which was the best Alcatrazz album in my opinion. The reason I like it is because it was getting away from Rainbow Part Two.

I am a fan of STEVE VAI, how was to work with him?

It was great and I will possibility be doing a one-off track with him this year. He is someone I really loved working with and he with me too!

How do you maintain your great voice?

I cycle for two hours (bike ride) several times a week and I sometimes sing. I don't care for my voice or rehearse as probably I should. Pavarotti never rehearsed and if I'm off the road for the road for a long time it takes me a week of rehearsals to get my voice back. Pavarotti had the same issue and would lose his voice, all because he didn't want to work on his time off…this is how I am. Why would you want to work while you are home when you are resting. However, I do need to get back into the mode of rehearsing again on a regular basis.



Your solo career is very interesting, You have collaborated with many artists, Is there any artist have you surprised for his talent or his personality?

Pip Williams who was my producer and my guitar player on solo albums, he was a very musical guy guitar player and now he’s a professor. He was great he new how to record my voice. He played all the guitar on the Sweet albums and created the vocal harmonies. Gary Moore, we did an album which was called "Arrested" with the London Philharmonic (with a 30 piece orchestra) he reminded me of Jeff Beck. Chris Thompson from Manford Mann because he interpreted in a completely different way… Don't Stand Close to Me.

You still have collaborated with other groups like Impelliteri, Anthem, AZ Taylor band... I have not considered you like a solo artist only, so like a group man and helping another people with your voice, do you think the same thing?

I think sometimes yes, but at the same time, I'm very interested and happy to be respected by wonderful musicians.

You recorded an album with the project Forcefield with the great Cozy Powell, how do you remember him?

The greatest drummer and person I've ever known and he’s always with me and always will be.

What do you think of the support of Japanese fans with Alcatrazz and others rock groups?

They are the most loyal fans in the world…and they are in the true sence of the world fanatic in fan. They are fans forever, they are an amazing crowd.!

Who do you consider the best guitarist you have played?

All of them, they are all fantastic. I have been blessed to have played with the best guitarists in the world but they are all completely different and have their own style!

When a visit to Spain?

I love the Spanish audience very much, because they are passionate about the music and their love of life.

Do you want to say any other thing?

I am looking forward to getting back to Spain to play and at the moment I'm working on a tour for next year with Alcatrazz. Look for new CD for Alcatrazz in 2011!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario